Ghost stories

As a child I have always been interested in ghost stories, and heard plenty as I have grown up some from family and friends and others I have read. I think it is really important and fun to pass these great stories/legends on to future generations. Whether or not true, you decide and if brave enough explore. Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sensabaugh Tunnel


As you have probably heard Sensabaugh Tunnel is a Haunted place. The story goes, Mr. Sensabaugh lived with his family in a house near the tunnel. One day he went crazy, and murdered them all, including his newborn baby, and threw their bodies into the creek in the tunnel.

It is said that if you drive your car in the tunnel and cut off the ignition or kill it your engine wont start back. Also as you look in your rearview mirror Mr. Sensabaugh will be approaching you and right before he gets to you, your engine will start. Other people claim you can hear Mr. Sensabaugh's footsteps echoing in the tunnel and/or a baby crying.

I myself have been to this haunted spot and have not seen any thing out of the ordinary, but I will tell you that it is a creepy place and it sounds like people are whispering in the tunnel as the creek echos over the rocks. If you do choose to go visit I recommend that you don't go alone, because of some locals may show up and try to scare you or have other intentions and it is in a remote location.

2 comments:

Kasi said...

I've been to this tunnel several times. I've been to both the walk through and the drive through. I was told that the walk through tunnel was the actual Sensabaugh tunnel and that the one that you drive through is called the Click tunnel. Both of which I've been told are haunted and I believe it. One night that stands out more than any night as far as the Sensabaugh tunnel goes, is the night I was grabbed by the ankle from something mysterious. I went with a group of friends and wasn't really in the mood to be there so I was just messing around with everyone by trying to scare them. After awhile they caught on and I got bored. The tunnel was full of water so I took my shoes off and started walking through the water that ran through. I found a large rock and sat down waiting for everyone else to get bored so we could leave and the next thing I know, I feel something around my ankle. I screamed and ran out of the water and told everyone something had grabbed my ankle. Nobody believed me until I showed them a faint hand print. I don't know who, or what it was and I'm not really sure I want to know.

Every time I go to one of the tunnels something happens. I have picture of someone standing at the end of the Sensabaugh tunnel and I have pictures of a face and some orbs in the Click tunnel. I have also heard a lot of strange things. In the Sensabaugh tunnel I've heard a man talking but there's no one there. I've also heard footsteps through the water and no one is there. In the Click tunnel I've seen a woman walking at the end holding something that looks like a baby. I've seen her several times and so have the people I've went with. I've experienced my car shaking back and forth. I've seen hand prints on my car and I've also had things hit the top of my car and the sound of fingernails going down my car windows. Just last night I was with a group of friends and there were women talking but when we turned on the lights there was no one there. There were sounds of rocks being thrown at us and footsteps all around. I know there was nobody messing with us because we shined lights in and out of the tunnel and drove to each side. I'm a true believer that these tunnels are haunted.

Allie said...

On the left hand side of this picture it look like an evil hand long creepy fingers and nails. Did you take this. This is one for the investigation team for sure

Allie